I used some Prima watercolor pencils and Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers to watercolor in this pretty Jane Davenport face stamp, and then added a resist watercolor sentiment coloured in with Ken Oliver Color Burst powders.
Inside, I used a lovely stamp from the Pink and Main Believe Stamp set! I love the sentiments on this set. I added some beautiful sequins around the sentiment, and now it’s ready to give to a special girl!
Here’s a look at the video where I put it all together!
I get these ideas sometimes… they come from seemingly nowhere and won’t leave me until I’ve made it into a tangible project. This latest idea was to create a watercolour wild meadow with dandelion cut files on top. I searched all the usual places and even asked my favourite designer if she had anything. She had one but it wasn’t what was in my head!
So I doodled my own, took a photo and made it into a cut file. It is not perfect, and it is NOT easy to get off the cutting mat but I got enough off to make it work for me…
I joined 3 together with a simple stitch and then got to work on my background. I used my watercolour palette which is full of Daniel Smith watercolours. A little experimenting told me the Azo Nickel Yellow and Kyanite Genuine mix together to make a wonderful green. I added plenty of splatters – it’s my ‘thing’!
As I was looking through my sequin stash the colour of my cork embellishments caught my eye. The went with the natural creamy-white watercolour paper and the hues of green perfectly. I pulled out Wedding Bells, Strawberry Bubblegum and Cork Confetti in chevrons and butterflies.I get the rest very simple; the dandelion heads and painting were enough for me. I added a simple layer of vellum to the photograph and chose a flair as my title. I added a sprinkle of my sequins and a couple of butterflies. I used the chevrons to direct the eye towards the title.
I openly admit I don’t like pink. I often get sequin mixes with pink in nonetheless, and usually struggle to use them to their best. I fell in love with the greens in Strawberry Bubblegum and was determined to use the whole mix rather than just picking out the greens!
I started out with my watercolour palette and painted a branch. I used a Daniel Smith colour called Burnt Tigers Eye Genuine which granulates and gives a great bark effect.
I then set about adding my leaves and blossom. Initially, I tried matte medium to adhere the sequins but quickly reverted to my old favourite of glossy accents.
I fussy cut a few birds from a Dear Lizzy paper and perched them on my branch.
I then set about making a paper frame for my (very unflattering) photo. I wanted it to look like a framed photo that you would hang on a wall so I found some wood grain paper and mitred the edges. I then ‘hung’ my photo from the branch.
You have to record the cute moments even if the photo shows off your extra chins! Here Herbie Budgie was all snuggled up under my chin keeping warm.