I get these ideas sometimes… they come from seemingly nowhere and won’t leave me until I’ve made it into a tangible project. This latest idea was to create a watercolour wild meadow with dandelion cut files on top. I searched all the usual places and even asked my favourite designer if she had anything. She had one but it wasn’t what was in my head!
So I doodled my own, took a photo and made it into a cut file. It is not perfect, and it is NOT easy to get off the cutting mat but I got enough off to make it work for me…
I joined 3 together with a simple stitch and then got to work on my background. I used my watercolour palette which is full of Daniel Smith watercolours. A little experimenting told me the Azo Nickel Yellow and Kyanite Genuine mix together to make a wonderful green. I added plenty of splatters – it’s my ‘thing’!
As I was looking through my sequin stash the colour of my cork embellishments caught my eye. The went with the natural creamy-white watercolour paper and the hues of green perfectly. I pulled out Wedding Bells, Strawberry Bubblegum and Cork Confetti in chevrons and butterflies.I get the rest very simple; the dandelion heads and painting were enough for me. I added a simple layer of vellum to the photograph and chose a flair as my title. I added a sprinkle of my sequins and a couple of butterflies. I used the chevrons to direct the eye towards the title.
Thanks for stopping by today,